At CIISec we strive to treat everyone in a fair manner, according to your individual needs. Everybody should feel welcome regardless of gender, disability, race, age, religion, culture, and sexual orientation. We want you to feel a sense of belonging, feel respected, valued and seen for who you are.
We are very keen to work towards the profession better reflecting the population.
CIISec Diversity & Inclusion Charter
Our D & I Charter aims to encourage our membership and the cyber security industry to embed Diversity and Inclusion into all aspects of our business and culture. Only by attracting individuals from all backgrounds and experiences* can we combat cyber threats with diversity of thought and constructive challenge of bias and groupthink.
Our Charter focuses on five principles, which we strive to achieve within CIISec and also require our industry members to sign up to and promote within their home organisations.
CIISec Charter Principles
- CIISec will provide a supportive environment for all its members, where respect, equity and inclusion are paramount, and every individual has the opportunity to contribute their ideas and suggestions to the organisation.
- The responsibility of providing this supportive environment falls not only to CIISec employees and Board members, but also to each and every individual and corporate member.
- CIISec will ensure that our recruitment and retention processes are transparent, guard against bias and support progression to maximise career opportunities for a diverse range of individuals.
- CIISec will relentlessly promote cyber security as a sector that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds and will work hard to enable all individuals to thrive.
- CIISec will seek members’ views on its own Diversity & Inclusion performance and more broadly on that of the industry as a whole The Security Profession in 2020/2021, on an annual basis. CIISec will publish these results to drive continuous improvement.
Our Chief Executive Officer, Amanda Finch, is accountable for Diversity and Inclusion in the organisation and has appointed a Board Member, Nina Paine, to oversee D & I within the organisation.
In keeping with Principle 1, CIISec encourages members to get in touch with its CEO Amanda Finch with any suggestions on how it can improve.
Acting on the Charter
We host a series of webinars on a wide variety of topics of D&I. The series is available to watch for CIISec members, with new webinars added regularly. We publish regular D&I articles in SC Magazine articles and annually we consult and publish our members’ views on our own Diversity & Inclusion performance and on that of our industry.
* All background and experiences mean we welcome everyone including in terms of age, cultural background, disabilities, ethnicity, gender, religion, and sexual orientation, to name just a few strands of D & I.