CIISec collaborates closely with leading universities in the field of information and cyber security, in order to promote growth of the profession and to provide career paths for those interested in joining this exciting career.
Academic Partnership provides an opportunity for the Chartered Institute of Information Security Professionals (CIISec) and academic institutions to collaborate and ensure the effective promotion of information security professionalism to staff and students. The award of Academic Partner status aims to recognise the significant base of security-related expertise and activity that exists within academic institutions, and to encourage and enable a dialogue between academia and the wider community of security practitioners.
Benefits of Academic Partnership will include:
• access to CIISec speakers.
• listing of partner details on the CIISec website
• the opportunity to use the Partner status (including the CIISec name and logo) when promoting the Partner's security activity
• the opportunity to contribute to the 'academic voice' within CIISec (e.g. articles for CIISec member publications)
Academic Partners would be expected to:
• promote the need for professionalism in the security industry
• promote their Academic Partner status as part of related marketing activities
• encourage CIISec accredited membership amongst staff and student membership for those studying
• provide support to regional CIISec activities (e.g. publicising to staff and students, or hosting local events)
• host annual regional seminars
How to Apply
CIISec welcome applications from universities and educational institutes that wish to join. If you would like an application form for Academic Partnership please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Organisations seeking Academic partnership are required to fill out the application form and to submit CVs of at least three staff members showing a clear background/involvement in security-related activity. The application form requires an evidencing of related expertise from the applicant
Indicative factors here would include:
• Having at least three staff members linked to the security topic area
• Staff holding academic qualifications or professional certifications relating to information security
• Staff members holding CIISec Full Membership status
• Other evidence of active engagement in the domain (e.g. membership of related conference committees, journal boards, working groups etc).
Our Current Academic Partners
Our Academic Partner Programme recognises these leading universities, and we are happy to confirm that the following have successfully obtained Academic Partner status;